Chatham County, Georgia welcomes participation on our Facebook pages and encourages you to interact with us often and to comment about the content you find here.
We do not discriminate against any views, but administrators of official Chatham County pages do reserve the right to hide or delete the following:
- Obscenity, nudity, defamation or hate speech (Speech that targets people or groups based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, or any other protected status);
- Comments/posts that threaten to harm individuals, groups or organizations;
- Make unsupported accusations;
- Commercial advertisements or solicitations of funds;
- Endorsement or encouragement of illegal activities;
- Multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted;
- Personal information including but not limited to e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers;
- Political campaigning or lobbying;
- Libel, slander, or personal attacks of any kind, including the use of offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups;
- Spam, including content that promotes products or services or contains gratuitous links ;
- Infringement of copyrights or trademarks;
Persistent violators will be blocked after two warnings.
In short: Be respectful. Be smart. Be human. Add to the discussion, and help grow our community in constructive ways.
Please be aware that while administrators are responsible for moderating the page, we cannot immediately review every comment posted on a page.
All social media accounts are archived and available upon receipt of a Georgia Open Records Act (GORA) request. Fees may be incurred.
Opinions expressed in non-University posts are not necessarily those of Chatham County, Georgia and its employees, and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of these posts. If you have any questions concerning the operation of this online moderated discussion site, please contact the Public Information Department at ChathamPIO@chathamcounty.org