To be recognized by Chatham County leadership as a valuable business partner by independently and objectively providing information, analyses, and counsel to assist management for ensuring operations are managed ethically, effectively and efficiently and to increase citizens’ trust in the organization.
To assist Chatham County leadership in providing the highest quality services to the citizens by promoting effective internal controls at a reasonable cost. Internal Audit will examine, evaluate, and report on the adequacy and reliability of existing controls to ensure that:
- Revenues are accurately and completely captured and processed
- Expenses are reasonable, appropriate and properly approved
- Financial reporting is accurate and reliable
- Automated processing of financial and operating data is accurate, reliable and complete
- Laws, regulations, and internally developed policies and procedures are followed
- Assets are properly safeguarded